Help Center

Help Center
Energy Performance Certificate

When is there no obligation to prepare a certificate?

When is there no obligation to prepare a certificate?

An Energy Performance Certificate is not required when using an existing building or apartment "for own use" (without planning to sell or rent it).

Additionally, there is a list of exceptions for which possessing a certificate is not necessary:

  • The building is considered a monument or is used for religious activities and worship.
  • The building has an industrial and economic purpose and is not equipped with energy-consuming installations, except for built-in lighting.
  • The residential building is intended for use for no longer than 4 months a year.
  • For detached buildings with a usable area of less than 50 m2 and agricultural holdings with an EP indicator not exceeding 50 kWh/(m2·year).

Was the article helpful?

Safe rental solutions for all parties, at every stage.

Be close to us:
Simpl Ltd. with its registered office in Kraków, Piwna Street 25/20, 30-527 Kraków, registered by the District Court for Kraków Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register, KRS: 0000809392, share capital: PLN 23,550.00, Tax Identification Number (NIP): 6793191362.